2. The Yacon Diet collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain personal information (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
3. The Yacon Diet collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
3(a). to understand customer needs regarding The Yacon Diet services;'
3(b). to develop and provide our web site and our products and services for our customers;
3(c). to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
3(d). to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from The Yacon Diet, its partners and third parties;
3(e). to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
3(f). to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the The Yacon Diet site or any The Yacon Diet product or service;
3(g). to protect the services, products or rights of The Yacon Diet, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the The Yacon Diet site; and
3(h). to identify and resolve technical problems concerning The Yacon Diet site, products and services.'
3.1. The Yacon Diet also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes. If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
4. The Yacon Diet limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. The Yacon Diet does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
5. The Yacon Diet does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
5(a). to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
5(b). to The Yacon Diet employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on The Yacon Diet's behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
5(c). as necessary if The Yacon Diet has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with The Yacon Diet rights or property, other users of The Yacon Diet web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and'
5(d). to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
5.1. In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that The Yacon Diet or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. Your information may be stored and processed in the U.K., or in any other country in which The Yacon Diet or its subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), The Yacon Diet will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove The Yacon Diet compliance with any applicable law.
6. The Yacon Diet will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing The Yacon Diet about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling UK: 1-888-244-5798 & US: +44 1159 34 99 34. The Yacon Diet will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
7. The Yacon Diet will use reasonable efforts to protect customers' personal information. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input on KrillOilPlus.com wherever you see the secure padlock symbol.
8. The Yacon Diet will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by calling UK: 1-888-244-5798 & US: +44 1159 34 99 34 or writing to:
The Yacon Diet
201 South Biscayne Blvd.
If The Yacon Diet is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer's personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney-client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting The Yacon Diet as described above. The Yacon Diet will promptly correct such personal information.